Trending
Angels Outright Alek Manoah – MLB Trade Rumors
The Angels announced that right-hander Alek Manoah has been outrighted to Triple-A Salt Lake. There wasn’t any announcement about him being designated for assignment but it appears the Halos quietly put him on waivers and he cleared. The club’s 40-man roster count drops to 39.
Manoah has the right to elect free agency but isn’t likely to do so. A player with at least three years of big league service has the right to reject an outright assignment in favor of the open market but needs five years of service to exercise that right while keeping his salary commitments in place. Manoah’s service count is over four years but less than five. The Angels signed him to a deal worth $1.95MM this offseason. With roughly $1.35MM left to be paid out, it’s fair to expect Manoah will accept his assignment and won’t be walking away from that money.
For the Angels, signing Manoah was a bet on a bounceback. He was a borderline ace earlier in his career. With the Blue Jays in 2022, he posted a 2.24 ERA over 31 starts and finished third in Cy Young voting. But he hasn’t been anywhere close to that level since. He posted a 5.87 ERA in 2023. Shoulder and elbow issues held him back after that and he ultimately required Tommy John surgery. He made five big league starts in 2024 and none in 2025.
He was put on waivers late last year and was claimed by Atlanta, but that club non-tendered him. That sent him to free agency and allowed the Angels to scoop him up, but that hasn’t panned out thus far. He started the season on the IL due to a middle finger contusion. He came off the IL earlier this month and has made three relief appearances. The first two were scoreless but he was torched by the Dodgers in the third, allowing eight earned runs in an inning and a third. He was optioned to the minors a few days ago and is now off the 40-man.
It’s unclear if the Angels want to keep Manoah stretched out or use him out of the bullpen. He made just one rehab appearance before coming off the IL, tossing 4 1/3 innings. Once activated, he started with a single-inning appearance, then tossed five frames in the second outing. That was followed by the aforementioned drubbing from the Dodgers in an inning and a third.
With Yusei Kikuchi on the IL, the rotation currently consists of José Soriano, Reid Detmers, Jack Kochanowicz, Walbert Ureña and Grayson Rodriguez. They have George Klassen, Caden Dana and Sam Aldegheri on the 40-man but currently on optional assignment. If Manoah is used as a starter in Triple-A, he can try to pitch his way into that group.
Photo courtesy of Dan Hamilton, Imagn Images
Trending
Why Tony Jefferson Has Super Bowl Aspirations for 2026 Chargers
Tony Jefferson is 34 years old and has played in 134 career NFL games.
Put another way, the veteran safety has seen a bit of everything in this league.
And he made it clear earlier this week that he believes the Chargers could be a special team this season.
“I want to win a ring,” Jefferson said. “The Super Bowl is in LA, at our home stadium, so I’m trying to do whatever I can as far as being a leader and my playmaking ability to put my best foot forward on the field.”
Jefferson isn’t wrong as Super Bowl LXI will be held on February 14 at SoFi Stadium.
“How often do you get an opportunity to do that? It’s here, in our home stadium where we play our home games,” Jefferson said. “That would be pretty special.”
The Chargers, of course, have plenty of work left to do before then.
The Bolts will complete Phase 2 of the voluntary offseason program this week before turning their attention to Phase 3 next week. That includes Organized Team Activity (OTA) practices that will start to feel a bit more like real football.
Jefferson said that energy and camaraderie around the Chargers has been great in recent weeks.
“We’re able to get some plays in, run around, be around the young guys, the vets … it’s just great being back,” Jefferson said. “Another year around the sun for me so enjoying every moment.”
Trending
Prince William may bring royal children to U.S. for FIFA World Cup trip: experts
NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
There have been growing rumors in the U.K. that Prince William is preparing for a trip to the U.S. tied to both the FIFA World Cup and America’s 250th anniversary celebrations — but now the Prince of Wales may be planning a calculated charm offensive on the world stage.
Christopher Andersen, author of “Kate!,” told Fox News Digital that William may be considering a family trip involving the royal children, with a Middleton family friend telling him they are “over the moon with excitement,” especially with Prince George being “a passionate soccer fan.”
“This would mark the first known visit to the U.S. by two future kings traveling together,” Andersen said. “This would also mark the first time the Wales children have ever set foot on American soil.”
KING CHARLES HEADS TO TRUMP WHITE HOUSE AS AMERICA MARKS 250 YEARS SINCE BREAKING FROM THE CROWN

According to multiple royal experts, there are ongoing rumors that Prince William is considering a trip to the U.S. with his family for the FIFA World Cup. (Kevin Voigt/GettyImages)
If the 43-year-old were to travel across the pond this summer, it would come shortly after King Charles III and Queen Camilla won praise for their historic state visit to the U.S. In April, the couple embarked on a four-day trip to Washington, New York and Virginia at the request of the U.K. government, timed to help mark America’s 250th birthday.
“Prince William is president of England’s Football Association,” Andersen pointed out. “As such, he is expected to cheer on England’s team in the World Cup. Charles and Camilla’s state visit was also an unqualified triumph. Along with Kate Middleton’s equally successful trip to Italy, palace officials were prompted to green-light one more high-profile visit, this time by the brightest stars in the royal firmament.”

King Charles III addresses a joint meeting of Congress at the U.S. Capitol in Washington, D.C., on April 28, 2026, during his state visit to the United States. (Henry Nicholls/Pool/Getty Images)
In response to Andersen’s comments, a Kensington Palace spokesperson told Fox News Digital, “There are currently no public plans for a trip to the U.S. Hoping for a great performance from England, though!”
WATCH: KATE MIDDLETON IS THE MONARCHY’S SECRET WEAPON: AUTHOR
While William isn’t currently expected to make an official public visit to the U.S. on behalf of the royal family, that doesn’t rule out a private trip. Members of the royal family often travel privately for personal events, vacations or family time outside their formal royal duties.
“Even seasoned royal watchers were taken by surprise when Kate Middleton embarked on her two-day visit to Reggio Emilia in northern Italy,” Andersen said. “It was her first trip abroad since she shocked the world by announcing she had been diagnosed with an undisclosed form of cancer more than two years ago.”

Prince William and Kate Middleton are parents to three children (from left): Prince Louis, Prince George and Princess Charlotte. (Max Mumby/Indigo/Getty Images)
In December 2025, The Times U.K. reported that the king and the Prince of Wales were expected to make separate trips to America in 2026. At the time, a source told the outlet it was “highly likely” the king would make the trip in April. Later in the year, William was expected to travel to North America when the U.S. hosts the FIFA World Cup alongside Canada and Mexico.
In late March, Buckingham Palace announced the king and queen would visit the United States in April.

“Kate!: The Courage, Grace, and Power of the Woman Who Will Be Queen” by Christopher Andersen is available now. (Gallery Books)
According to the outlet, William would attend as patron of the Football Association if plans were finalized. England’s match is scheduled to be played in New Jersey on June 27.
British royals expert Hilary Fordwich told Fox News Digital she wouldn’t be surprised if William and his family considered a quick summer getaway to America.

Prince William studies his personalized Wrexham football shirt while walking on the Racecourse Ground pitch with Wrexham AFC co-chairman Rob McElhenney on St. David’s Day, March 1, 2024, in Wrexham, Wales. (Chris Jackson/AFP/Getty Images)
“Prince William loves football,” Fordwich said. “He’s spoken about loving the atmosphere and camaraderie among football fans. Given the camaraderie surrounding World Cup matches, his role as heir to the throne, along with his 20 years serving as president and patron of the Football Association, makes it possible he’ll come to the U.S. to cheer England on. He’s also said he believes England can win the World Cup again, after last doing so in 1966.”
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR THE ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER

Prince George and Prince William cheer at the UEFA Champions League quarterfinal match between Paris Saint-Germain and Aston Villa at Parc des Princes in Paris on April 9, 2025. (Pierre Suu/Getty Images)
“I don’t think we can rule out a potential trip to the U.S. this summer, particularly after King Charles’ highly praised visit and amid a broader sense that Princess Kate is gradually returning to a more ‘normal’ public rhythm following the disruptions of the past few years,” royal commentator Amanda Matta told Fox News Digital.

Catherine, Princess of Wales, departs Westminster Abbey after attending the Service of Commemoration and Thanksgiving during ANZAC Day commemorations in London on April 25, 2026. (Karwai Tang/WireImage)
“It would make sense for the Wales family to become more visible internationally again,” Matta said. “There have already been rumors circulating that William and Princess Kate could make an appearance in the States connected to America’s 250th birthday commemorations. Given William’s well-known love of football, I could absolutely see a World Cup appearance being folded into a broader ‘soft diplomacy’ trip.”
Still, Matta pointed out there’s no public indication from the palace that any plans are in the works.

Catherine, Princess of Wales, Prince William and Prince George attended the Easter Matins Service at St. George’s Chapel in Windsor, England, on April 5, 2026. (Mark Cuthbert/UK Press/Getty Images)
“Symbolically, a Wales family appearance here would reinforce the monarchy’s continued investment in its relationship with America,” said Matta. “For William and Catherine, it would also be a moment to showcase the next generation of the royal family on the international stage.”
If the family moves forward with plans, Andersen said, they would face a unique travel arrangement.

Prince George and Catherine, Princess of Wales, attend the Royal British Legion Festival of Remembrance at the Royal Albert Hall in London on Nov. 8, 2025, ahead of Remembrance Day commemorations. (Jack Taylor/Pool/AFP)
“My sources tell me that the Princess of Wales is along for the ride, and for one inescapable reason,” Andersen said. “Following royal protocol and to protect the line of succession, direct heirs to the throne are barred from traveling together, a rule that took effect when George turned 12 last year.
LIKE WHAT YOU’RE READING? CLICK HERE FOR MORE ENTERTAINMENT NEWS

Prince George and Prince William attended the UEFA EURO final match between Spain and England at Olympiastadion in Berlin on July 14, 2024. (Jean Catuffe/Getty Images)
“The same was true for William, who began flying separately from Charles after turning 12. William could ask the king for special permission to fly together as a family, but that seems unlikely. Enter Princess Kate, a famously doting mother, who is not about to let her eldest son, who turns 13 in July, fly across the Atlantic without being accompanied by a parent.”
A stateside appearance from Kate would be a significant PR win for the monarchy, given her popularity among American fans.

Kate Middleton giving a speech at The Design Museum in London, circa 2023. (Richard Pohle/Pool/AFP)
“We heard a lot about the ‘soft power’ King Charles wielded during this recent trip to the U.S.,” said Andersen. “But frankly, he is a piker compared to Kate. Even more than William, Kate is shaping the image of Britain abroad. “She is really the monarchy’s biggest asset, its key to the future. … A visit would be history in the making.”

Catherine, Princess of Wales, attends a lunch at the rural Agriturismo Al Vigneto in Felino, Italy, on May 14, 2026, concluding a two-day visit to the region focused on early childhood development. (Phil Noble/Samir Hussein/WireImage)
Royal expert Richard Fitzwilliams isn’t entirely convinced. He told Fox News Digital that despite the persistent rumors, he doesn’t believe the chances are strong that the royal children would be included in a lengthy trip. After the king’s recent visit, William may also want to press pause.

Father and son are said to be passionate football fans. (Samir Hussein/WireImage/Getty Images)
“This is likely to be saved for another occasion, although given the closeness of the U.K. and the U.S. over the last 250 years, it would align with the king’s sentiments expressed during those speeches on his state visit,” he said. “They could be followed by a gesture of affection on such a special occasion.”
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Christopher Andersen described Kate Middleton as a doting mother who wouldn’t want her eldest son Prince George to travel without a parent by his side. (Chris Jackson/Getty Images)
“Prince William is immensely popular on both sides of the Atlantic, according to polls,” Fordwich said. “Seeing him as an ‘everyman’ football fan would no doubt further boost his popularity.”
Trending
Demián Bichir, André Holland, More
Amazon has announced the cast for Delphi, its new TV series out of the Creed universe, from Michael B. Jordan’s Outlier Society.
Series regulars include Benji Santiago (Broadway’s The Notebook), Juan Castano (Rob Peace), Demián Bichir (Land), André Holland (Love, Brooklyn), Andre Royo (The Punisher: One Last Kill), Sofia Black-D’Elia (Remarkably Bright Creatures), and Victoria Vourkoutiotis (Elsbeth).
Meanwhile, Wood Harris (The Wire), Niles Fitch (Forever), Dasan Frazier (A Different World), Graham Patrick Martin (Catch-22), Brittany Adebumola (M.I.A.), Rene Moran (Cross), Okieriete Onaodowan (Hamilton), and Breanna Yde (School of Rock) are set for recurring roles.
Now in production in Los Angeles, Delphi follows a group of gifted young boxers in an elite academy fighting to achieve their dreams and reach the pinnacle of the sport.
Benji Santiago will play Santi Torres. Raised in East LA, Santi is a raw talent who has always lived in the shadow of his older brother.
Juan Castano will play Nico Torres. Santi’s older brother, he is a naturally gifted boxer whose personal setbacks have forced him to confront his innermost demons.
Demián Bichir will play Hector Torres. The Torres family patriarch, Hector was born in Mexico and now lives in Los Angeles, where he owns and operates a boxing gym in East LA. Worn and wise, he takes a tough-love approach to raising his sons — demanding the world from them while fiercely advocating on their behalf.
André Holland will play Teddy ‘T-Bone’ Parker. A boxing strategist and lead instructor at the Delphi Academy, T-Bone approaches boxing like chess — intellectual and calculated, with a sensitivity that belies the bloodsport to which he’s dedicated his life.
Andre Royo will play Elmer Tatum. An eccentric boxing encyclopedia, Bronx-born and effortlessly cool, he can predict a final outcome based on what the fighters had for breakfast.
Sofia Black-D’Elia will play Bobbi Weiss. An accountant with a dream of pursuing her true passion: becoming a trainer at an elite boxing academy. Bobbi has boxing in her bones — with extensive knowledge of the sport and a keen eye for talent despite never having stepped in the ring herself.
Victoria Vourkoutiotis will play Kai Katsaros. An introverted young boxer with incredible ability and skill who battles to overcome low confidence, high anxiety and stage fright in pursuit of her potential.
Wood Harris will play Little Duke. Son of Tony “Duke” Evers and the legendary trainer of Apollo Creed, he continues that legacy today by training the young talent from the Delphi Academy.
Niles Fitch plays Dante, with Dasan Frazier as Remy, Graham Patrick Martin as Jackson, Brittany Adebumola as Mina, b (You) as Didi, Rene Moran as Iggy, Okieriete Onaodowan as Freddie, and Breanna Yde as Ana.
Marking the first live-action series extension of the Creed film franchise, Delphi‘s showrunner is Marco Ramirez, who is exec producing alongside Jordan and Elizabeth Raposo via their Outlier Society, Winkler Films’ Irwin Winkler, David Winkler, Charles Winkler, Sebastian Winkler as well as William Chartoff, Philipp A. Barnett, Jennifer Johnson and José Padilha, who is directing the pilot.
Santiago is repped by CESD and Jackoway, Austen, Tyerman.; Castano by Gersh and Industry Entertainment; Bichir by CAA; Holland by WME, Anonymous Content, and Del Shaw Moonves; Royo by Buchwald, Entertainment 360, and Yorn, Levine, Barnes; Black-D’Elia by CAA, Brookside Artists Management, and Sloane, Offer, Weber & Dern; Vourkoutiotis by BRS/Gage, Noble Caplan Abrams, and Vision Entertainment; Harris by Gersh and Artists First; Fitch by Verve, Entertainment 360, and Goodman, Genow, Schenkman; Frazier by Paradigm, Tassell Talent Group, and Fox Rothschild; Martin by Innovative Artists, Untitled, and Goodman, Genow, Schenkman; Adebumola by CESD, Authentic, and Schreck Rose Dapello; b by Innovative and Authentic; Moran by Ellis Talent Group and Vault Entertainment; Onaodowan by Innovative and Rob Kolker Management; and Yde by CESD and Untitled.
-
Entertainment2 weeks agoBeyoncé is a sparkly skeleton on the Met Gala 2026 red carpet with Blue Ivy and Jay-Z
-
Trending2 weeks agoCoinbase didn’t just lay off 14% of its staff due to AI. It replaced managers with ‘player-coaches’ and turned its org chart upside down
-
News2 weeks agoAstronomers Witness the Awesome Power of a Black Hole’s “Dancing Jets”
-
Trending3 weeks agoStock market news for May 1, 2026
-
Trending3 weeks agoTaylor Swift may have hinted at ‘Toy Story 5’ collab. What happened
-
News2 weeks agoMoon’s Formation In Many Ways Still Remains A Mystery
-
Entertainment2 weeks agoHeidi Klum worried Anna Wintour wouldn’t approve her Met Gala 2026 prosthetics
-
Trending2 weeks agoTeacher Appreciation Week restaurant deals & freebies :: WRAL.com
