Entertainment
Taylor Frankie Paul’s ex Dakota Mortensen scolded by judge for son, 2, riding motorcycle

Dakota Mortensen was scolded by a judge for driving his and Taylor Frankie Paul’s 2-year-old son, Ever, on a motorcycle.
During Wednesday’s custody hearing, the “Secret Lives of Mormon Wives” stars’ attorneys discussed an image of Mortensen, 33, and the toddler.
“We’re not gonna do motorcycles anymore,” Commissioner Russell Minas told Mortensen, advising the little one to ride on “nothing with anything less than four wheels.”
Mortense’s attorney replied, “The kid had a helmet. It is an e-bike. [It went] a short distance, a helmet was provided. In fact, the helmet is in the exhibit picture which is why it’s strange Taylor insisted [it wasn’t].”
The judge cut the lawyer off, asking, “The child is how old? 2?”
He doubled down, saying, “Not with a 2-year-old. Maybe with a 12-year-old. But even then. There’s no point, in my view. Basic safety, we generally require car seat or age-appropriate child restraints.”
Mortensen’s legal team confirmed the reality star would “do that moving forward.”
A source claimed to People on Wednesday that Mortensen “never rode far” with Ever.
An insider close to Paul, meanwhile, told the outlet the MomTok star, 32, was “happy” to have her parenting time expanded at the hearing.
Paul, notably, was granted Monday mornings with Ever on top of the alternating weekends she was given in June, as well as the single weekday visit.
The influencer is “look[ing] forward to continuing to make progress at the next hearing.”
Reps for Paul and Mortensen did not immediately respond to Page Six’s requests for comment.
The duo, whose on-again, off-again relationship began in 2022, have been engaged in a messy custody battle for months.
Mortensen was given temporary sole custody of Ever in March after accusing Paul of domestic violence — an investigation which, notably, led to prosecutors declining to press charges.
That same month, footage of the couple’s 2023 fight that led to Paul’s arrest resurfaced and her “Bachelorette” season was cancelled.
The Hulu personalities have each filed for protective orders against each other, which were mutually granted in April.
Taylor’s ex-husband, Tate Paul, filed for a restraining order against her earlier this month — but the request was denied.
The former couple, who were married between 2016 and 2022, share daughter Indy, 8, and son Ocean, 5.
Without naming names, Taylor implied Tate had “teamed up” with Mortensen to teach her a “lesson” via Instagram last week.
The judge reminded Taylor and Mortensen during Wednesday’s hearing not to speak ill of each other on social media.
If you or someone you know is affected by any of the issues raised in this story, call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or text START to 88788.
Entertainment
Melissa Gilbert advocates for young stars to be protected after Hayden Panettiere’s death

Melissa Gilbert fiercely advocated for child stars to be protected after Hayden Panettiere tragically died last week
“Within one year, Michelle Trachtenberg, Daveigh Chase and Hayden Panettiere have died,” the “Little House on the Prairie” alum wrote via a Substack essay titled “Enough Is Enough.”
“Three former female child actors of the same generation are gone. Tragically, heartbreakingly, agonizingly too soon,” she continued.
“They are gone and the question I have been turning over and over in my head is, ‘WHY?’ Why are these three sweet, wildly talented, vibrant, vital young women gone?”
The producer, 62, admitted that though she didn’t know Panettiere personally, she briefly worked with both Trachtenberg and Chase.
Trachtenberg died at age 39 in February 2025 from complications of diabetes mellitus, while Chase died on June 16 at the age of 36 from acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS).
As for Panettiere, she was found dead on Aug. 16 at a Greenville, South Carolina, Airbnb she was staying at with her on-again, off-again boyfriend, Brian Hickerson. She was 36.
Gilbert said she takes the deaths personally because it feels like she “was them.” She then listed several other former child stars, including Brooke Shields, Dakota Fanning, Ellie Fanning and Drew Barrymore “to name a few.”
“We are all members of the same tribe; Female Former Child Performers, and when one of us dies, it runs through all of us like an electrical current,” she penned. “When three of us die so close together, something is very, very wrong.”
The former “When Calls the Heart” actress explained how she and former child stars “know the stories of how the entertainment industry uses, abuses, exploits and then throws away its youngest.”
“But for some reason, this trend is getting worse,” she added. “My thinking is that it is tied to the invention of the mobile phone.”
Gilbert argued that actors suffer from a lack of privacy while out in public and in the media, posing the question, “How do we fix or end this before someone else dies?”
She also got candid about growing up in the entertainment industry and on the “Little House on the Prairie,” writing, “I can’t tell you how many times I worked while horribly sick, injured or worse.”
The “When We Last Spoke” star explained how her father died when she was 11 years old and how she returned to work “within months.”
“And not one single adult on that set discussed it with me or offered condolences,” Gilbert, who portrayed Laura Ingalls on the beloved western series, added. “I later found out that the fear was I would become too upset to work. I was eleven, my Daddy had just died and I was shattered.”
“Thank God my character cried in every single episode. That, as twisted as it sounds, was my therapy. My release.”
Gilbert suggested that all former child stars should come together to “enact real, substantive change,” explaining that free mental health resources for actors should be a top priority.
She concluded her emotional essay, sharing that she has “an image” of Panettiere’s 11-year-old daughter, Kaya, growing up without her mom.
The pre-teen has grown up in Ukraine with her father, Wladimir Klitschko, after the late actress gave up custody in 2018 due to her ongoing battle with postpartum depression and addiction. However, Panettiere maintained a strong bond with Kaya and often visited with her.
“And now I am weeping as I type this and I just want to scream from the rooftops,” Gilbert signed off, adding, “ENOUGH!”
Gilbert’s passionate essay came after her husband, Timothy Busfield, 69, was charged in a child sex abuse case back in June.
On Jan. 13, the “West Wing” actor was arrested on charges of criminal sexual contact of a minor and child from incidents with two twin boy child stars dating back to 2022.
Busfield denied the allegations against him, telling police at the time of his arrest that it was “highly likely that he would have” had contact with the two victims, who were 7 years old at the time.
Gilbert has stood by the “Thirtysomething” star’s side, with her rep previously telling Page Six, “Melissa stands with and supports her husband and will address the public at an appropriate time.”
She also claimed that Busfield was “the last person in the world who would hurt a child,” telling “Good Morning America” in April that she was “100% confident” he would be exonerated.
Busfield will go to trial in May 2027.
If you or someone you know is affected by any of the issues raised in this story, call the Sexual Assault Hotline at 1-800-330-0226.
If you or someone you care about is affected by any of the issues raised in this story, call SAMHSA’s National Helpline at 1-800-662-HELP (4357).
Entertainment
‘DWTS’ alum Peta Murgatroyd reveals how family’s adjusting after move to Florida

Peta Murgatroyd revealed she and her family — including husband Maksim Chmerkovskiy — are enjoying a “great lifestyle” in Florida after moving from Los Angeles.
“We’ve always loved Florida, we’ve always loved the lifestyle here,” the “Dancing With the Stars” alum said in a since-expired Instagram Stories upload on Friday, per Us Weekly.
“We fell in love with Boca because it, kind of, has everything, the best of everything,” the pro dancer, 40, said, sharing that they’re “really close to Miami” and “have the beach” nearby.
Murgatroyd, who was born in New Zealand and raised in Australia, also cited “really top-rated schools” and “amazing sports” for their sons — Shai, 9, Rio, 3, and Milan, 2.
The two-time Mirrorball champ admitted that she thought she “would have a bigger problem” with the heat and shared that people told her, “You’re gonna come back to Cali.”
Still, she’s happy with the cross-country move, noting, “Cali will always be a home of ours because we lived there for 20 years but, right now, I think this is what our fam needs and we are loving every second.”
“It’s the best,” she divulged.
Murgatroyd also gushed over the “very sweet, very nice, very accommodating” neighbors she’s encountered, claiming “this never happened over there” in LA and that the Florida “mothers are all really nice.”
“I wanted Shai to have the childhood that I had and I can see it happening. He has playdates, he has boys knocking on our door, saying ‘Hey come play, let’s go ride our bikes,’” she said. “It’s the best thing for me, and it’s all I want. I’m so happy.”
Not only that, but she noted the convenience of having nearby friends for her children and “a CVS or Walgreens on every corner,” saying, “I love it; I feel like at this stage of my life with three boys, I’m about convenience.”
Murgatroyd and Chmerkovskiy, 46, detailed their move in an emotional YouTube video in June, saying at the time that it was “the best decision” for their young family.
“There are tears you don’t expect, goodbyes that hit harder than you imagined, and moments where you wonder if you’re making the right decision,” she wrote in an Instagram post at the time. “But sometimes you have to leave what’s comfortable to find what’s meant for you.”
In a separate Instagram post, Murgatroyd reflected on the “fun ride” of living in LA in their $18K-a-month home but said “we have to move on to new things, new life and new adventures, and make new memories.
The “DWTS” couple married in July 2017 and have since moved on from the long-running competition show.
Murgatroyd last competed on Season 32 in 2023 and Chmerkovskiy — a one-time winner — last competed on Season 25 in 2017.
Entertainment
Barry Manilow cancels more concerts at last minute after lung cancer battle

Barry Manilow has pulled the plug on more shows at the last minute, prompting renewed concern about his health following his lung cancer battle.
The “Copacabana (At the Copa)” singer, 83, took to Instagram Friday to announce the cancellation of that evening’s show and Saturday’s performance at the Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino as part of his “The Hits Come Home!” residency.
“We’ve very sorry, but we have to cancel tonight and tomorrow’s performances,” the statement read. “Due to technical and vocal problems, we’re unable to put on our show.”
Ticket holders were assured in the comments that they would automatically receive refunds for the canceled shows.
Although some fans were disappointed by the news, most sent Manilow well wishes and urged him to take care of himself, with some suggesting his schedule may have been too much.
Broadway star Audra McDonald was among those showing their support for the “Mandy” vocalist, writing “Feel better, Barry!” in the comments.
Friday’s announcement marked the second time in just one month that Manilow canceled a performance minutes before he was due to take the stage.
Earlier this month, Manilow abruptly pulled the plug on a concert in Lexington, Kentucky, where he was scheduled to perform at Rupp Arena.
In a statement posted to X, the “I Write the Songs” hitmaker announced that the show had been rescheduled due to “unforeseen circumstances.”
The concert had originally been scheduled for March 9 before being postponed.
A new date has yet to be announced, though Rupp Arena confirmed that tickets for the original show would be honored.
The latest cancellation of Manilow’s Las Vegas residency dates comes six months after he was forced to reschedule the original Feb. 12-21 run while recovering from surgery for lung cancer.
“I’m doing great and recovering well after my surgery,” Manilow said in a statement posted to Instagram at the time. “I’ve been getting exercise and spending some time in the studio, which has been fantastic.
“With my doctor’s guidance and recommendation, however, we have decided to postpone my residency dates at Westgate Las Vegas from February 21-21, so I can stay focused on healing and getting ready for the tour that’s kicking off at the end of February,” he continued.
“Having a few extra weeks to rest and prepare is what the doctor ordered!” Manilow concluded.
In December 2025, Manilow revealed on Instagram that doctors had discovered a cancerous spot on his left lung during an MRI, requiring surgery to remove it.
“It’s pure luck (and a great doctor) that it was found so early,” Manilow wrote in a statement at the time. “That’s the good news.”
He subsequently rescheduled his January arena tour dates ahead of his surgery.
-
News3 weeks agoInterstellar Travel: the Birth of Fusion Drives
-
Trending2 weeks agoThe 9 Senate seats most likely to flip in 2026
-
Trending2 weeks agoMeet Carrie Coon’s famous actor husband with 16-year age gap — and their two children
-
News3 weeks agoScientist Constructs “Big Picture” of Mars Water from Rover Data
-
Entertainment3 weeks agoSex is legal once a year in lame rom-com
-
Trending3 weeks agoFamily pushes for answers after 3 people found dead in Rocky Mount home days after electricity cut :: WRAL.com
-
News2 weeks agoSpaceX Junk Hits the Moon. Not a Good Sign
-
Entertainment2 weeks agoPerez Hilton’s family says he’s ‘able to communicate’ after ‘suicide attempt’
