Entertainment
Jessica Simpson flaunts 100-pound weight loss in red bikini

Jessica Simpson appears to be showing estranged husband Eric Johnson what he’s missing.
The newly-single singer rocked a fiery red bikini for a mirror selfie shared via her Instagram Stories Friday.
Simpson, who lost nearly 100 pounds just a few years ago, styled her look with a green button down and white sunglasses as a navy “USA” hat sat on a nearby bathroom sink.
The 44-year-old added Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers’ song “An American Girl” as a soundtrack for the image, which was posted on the Fourth of July.
Simpson’s new photo comes several years after she opened up about struggling with her weight in her 2020 memoir, “Open Book.”
In the book, Simpson shared that her body image issues started at age 17 when music producer Tommy Mottola told her she needed to lose 15 pounds.
At the time, the 5-foot-3 songstress weighed 118 pounds and turned to diet pills to get to a staggeringly low 103 pounds. Her weight then fluctuated over the next 20 years.
A source exclusively told Page Six in January that the singer’s new body, which came as a result of changing her diet, has “unleashed a whole new side of her personality.”
“She suddenly [feels] 21 again,” the insider added.
Simpson is said to have ended her marriage to Johnson, 45, after her weight loss made her feel younger and more confident.
Simpson confirmed she and the former NFL player, who tied the knot in 2014, had ended things in January after 10 years of marriage.
“Eric and I have been living separately navigating a painful situation in our marriage,” Simpson told People in a statement at the time.
“Our children come first, and we are focusing on what is best for them,” she continued.
“We are grateful for all of the love and support that has been coming our way, and appreciate privacy right now as we work through this as a family.”
Simpson and Johnson share three children together: daughter Maxwell, 13, son Ace, 12, and daughter Birdie, 6.
Entertainment
Norman Reedus’ son makes alarming threat after arrest for assault

Norman Reedus and supermodel Helena Christensen’s troubled son, Mingus Reedus, asked a startling question one day after he was arrested for allegedly assaulting his girlfriend.
The 25-year-old model was walking outside of his apartment in New York City on Sunday when he asked The Post, “You want to watch me kill myself?”
Mingus was wearing the same green shorts and black T-shirt he wore to court a day earlier, and he carried his cat in a bag.
He also took a shot at a reporter for The Post Saturday as he exited the courtroom, calling her “ugly.”
Mingus was taken into custody on Saturday for alleged domestic violence after officers responded to a call at a Manhattan address about a female who had taken pills and was threatening to commit suicide.
A police source told The Post that Mingus allegedly punched a female victim in the leg, causing redness, and then choked her and slammed her to the ground. He was formally charged with criminal obstruction of breathing and third-degree assault.
He was later arraigned on new charges Saturday night in Manhattan Criminal Court, including reckless physical injury, aggravated harassment and second-degree harassment.
Prosecutors allege that he choked his 33-year-old girlfriend with such force that he lifted her off the ground inside their apartment.
He has pleaded not guilty to all of the charges.
Mingus’ attorney, Priya Chaudhry — who previously represented Jonathan Majors in his assault case — said her client was “concerned” for his girlfriend, according to The Post. She claimed Mingus ended the couple’s roughly five-month relationship, which allegedly caused the victim to become distressed and take “a number of sleeping pills” in an attempt to commit suicide.
According to Chaudhry, the victim has since moved out of their shared home, is “not afraid” of Mingus and has no interest in proceeding with the case or pressing charges.
Mingus has since been ordered to stay away from the victim.
Reedus and Christensen, both 56, split when Mingus was 4 years old, but have had a friendly co-parenting relationship. The former Victoria’s Secret model shared a happy picture of them together in 2018, celebrating Mingus’ high school graduation.
The “Walking Dead” actor has been engaged to actress Diane Kruger since 2021. They welcomed their daughter, Nova Tennessee, in 2018.
Entertainment
Where Is Paula Deen Now? Inside the Celebrity Chef’s Life After Food Network

NEED TO KNOW
- It has been over a decade since Paula Deen’s Food Network show came to an end in 2013
- The “Queen of Southern Cuisine” has released more cookbooks and recipes since then
- In July 2025, Deen announced the abrupt closure of two of her restaurants, including her flagship eatery, The Lady & Sons
Paula Deen‘s career has had moments of success and controversy.
For more than a decade in the early 2000s, the Georgia native was a staple on television, starring in her own cooking shows, releasing cookbooks and establishing restaurants. But in June 2013, Food Network dropped Dean after she admitted to using a racial slur in the workplace in a sworn deposition, according to The New York Times.
Since then, Deen has largely stayed out of the spotlight. More recently, though, Deen made headlines again when she announced the abrupt closure of two of her restaurants on Aug. 1.
“Hey, y’all, my sons and I made the heartfelt decision that Thursday, July 31st, was the last day of service for The Lady & Sons and The Chicken Box,” she wrote in a statement posted on her Facebook and official website. “Thank you for all the great memories and for your loyalty over the past 36 years.”
That same month, on Aug. 20, Deen gave Fox & Friends’ Steve Doocy a tour of her home in Savannah, Ga.
So what happened to Paula Deen? Here’s everything to know about her culinary career and what she’s doing today, years after parting ways with Food Network.
She started her professional culinary career in 1989
Paula Deen/Facebook
In June 1989, Deen started a catering company from her kitchen. She opened The Bag Lady catering company with her “last $200,” according to a June 2025 Facebook post. Deen helped get her business off the ground with the help of her sons, Jamie and Bobby, who would deliver her homemade Southern food to workers in Savannah.
Two years later, in 1991, she opened a buffet restaurant, The Lady, in the lobby of a Best Western Hotel, the Chicago Tribune reported. Deen dedicated herself to the location — alongside her kids and her husband, Michael — until her next venture put her on the map.
In January 1996, the chef launched The Lady & Sons in downtown Savannah, eventually becoming a popular establishment and leading to TV superstardom.
She landed her first show on the Food Network in 2002
Peter Kramer/NBCU Photo Bank/NBCUniversal via Getty
Deen released her first cookbook, The Lady and Sons Savannah Country Cookbook, in April 1998.
According to her official website, Deen then made her television debut on QVC, and in 2002, she starred in her own Food Network show, Paula’s Home Cooking. The cooking TV program ran for 10 years, ending in 2012.
In addition to Paula’s Home Cooking, she starred in Paula’s Party and Paula’s Best Dishes, both of which aired on the Food Network.
She left TV in 2013 after admitting to using racist language in the past
Peter Kramer/NBC/NBC Newswire/NBCUniversal via Getty
Paula’s Home Cooking was a staple on the Food Network for a decade, but the channel cut ties with her amid controversy.
In 2012, Deen and her brother, Bubba Hiers, were sued by former employee Lisa Jackson for $1.2 million, per CBS News. Lisa previously worked at Uncle Bubba’s Seafood and Oyster House, an establishment co-owned by Deen and run by Hiers. According to the ex-employee, during her five years as a manager, she experienced sexual harassment and racial discrimination.
The following year, in May 2013, Deen admitted during a deposition that she used a racial slur on a few occasions in the past, CBS News reported. Shortly after, the Food Network announced that it wouldn’t renew the celebrity chef’s contract, which was set to expire at the end of June. In addition, retailers like Walmart and Target stated they would no longer sell Deen’s products and a book deal was scrapped.
As the fallout continued, Deen was scheduled to do a sit-down interview on the Today show, but was a no-show, per CBS News. Instead, she released two apology videos online.
“I want to apologize to everybody for the wrong that I’ve done,” she said in one of the clips, per The Hollywood Reporter. “I want to learn and grow from this. … Inappropriate hurtful language is totally, totally unacceptable. I’ve made plenty of mistakes along the way. But I beg you, my children, my team, my fans, my partners, I beg for your forgiveness. Please forgive me for the mistakes that I’ve made.”
Following the Food Network’s decision not to renew her contract, Deen released a statement to PEOPLE.
“I have had the pleasure of being allowed into so many homes across the country and meeting people who have shared with me the most touching and personal stories,” it read. “This would not have been possible without the Food Network. Thank you again. Love and best dishes to all of ya’ll.”
In August 2013, a settlement was reached, though its details weren’t made public, according to ABC News.
She went on to compete on Dancing with the Stars in 2015
Adam Taylor/Disney General Entertainment Content via Getty
While Deen’s tenure on the Food Network was over, her time on television was not.
In June 2014, she embarked on a live tour called Paula Deen Live!, which consisted of 20 shows across the U.S., per the Las Vegas Sun News. Each stop was set to feature a 90-minute session with the celebrity chef who advertised cooking demos, interactive audience games and personal stories.
The following year, Deen competed on season 21 of Dancing with the Stars, which premiered in September 2015.
“Let me tell you—I’m excited and nervous,” she wrote on her website, about appearing on the competition series. “There’s just a whole array of emotions that could overwhelm a person. After all, I’m 68 and startin’ on this physically demanding show.”
In October 2015, Deen was eliminated during the sixth week of the season, but she stayed busy. Earlier that same year, she launched a mobile game and a line of dog food. Deen later released several other products as part of an online shop, including seasonings and jewelry.
She is still releasing cookbooks and sharing recipes online
Tara Ziemba/Getty
In the years since she said goodbye to her Food Network audience, Deen has continued to release cookbooks, her most recent being 2023’s Love and Best Dishes. Her magazine, Cooking with Paula Deen, is still being published today as well; its first issue hit newsstands in 2005.
As for television, Deen debuted her show, Positively Paula, in 2016. It aired for two seasons and a total of 26 episodes. In June 2020, she launched her YouTube channel, where she posts new videos daily to nearly 600,000 subscribers.
She announced the closure of two restaurants in August 2025
James Quine/Alamy Stock Photo; Mediapunch/Shutterstock
On Aug. 1, Deen announced the abrupt closing of two of her eateries, The Lady & Sons and The Chicken Box.
“We have endless love and gratitude for every customer who has walked through our doors,” she wrote in a statement posted online. “We are equally grateful to our incredible staff — past and present — whose hard work, care, and hospitality made The Lady & Sons what it was. Savannah will always be our home, and we’ll always be here to support our wonderful community.”
The letter ended with Deen and her sons saying they “will now focus” their attention on the four remaining locations of Paula Deen’s Family Kitchen: Pigeon Forge, Tenn., Myrtle Beach, S.C., Nashville, Tenn. and Branson, Mo.
“We’re excited to continue visiting these restaurants regularly, starting with Branson on August 8th,” the statement concluded. A reason for the closing of The Chicken Box and The Lady & Sons was not given.
Deen will appear in the documentary Canceled: The Paula Deen Story, which will revisit the fallout of her career in 2013. The project will premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival on Sept. 6.
Entertainment
Sydney Sweeney’s ‘Americana’ co-star Halsey slams fans who boycotted film over ‘denim bulls–t’

Sydney Sweeney’s “Americana” co-star Halsey slammed fans who are boycotting their film due to the former’s American Eagle controversy.
“you should go see this movie. because [director] @tonytost made an exceptional film, in honor of a genre he knows intimately,” she wrote on her Instagram Stories alongside a promo poster of the crime thriller.
“Because his work and his vision are greater than the 24 hr gossip tabloid denim bulls–t,” the “Without Me” singer, 30, added.
“If you love cinema, then you should know that cinema comes first. This is cinema,” she concluded.
Halsey, born Ashley Frangipane, then said she doesn’t think it’s “fair” for the media to “predatorily rip a hardworking director and his hardworking crew for their film that is completely separate-from and unrelated-to a (pretty dumb) advertising take.”
The “Walls Could Talk” singer’s comments come after “Americana” flopped during its nationwide debut last weekend.
Per The Hollywood Reporter, the film garnered around $840,000, a per-theater average of $460, after debuting in 1,100 theaters across the country.
The movie came in 16th place.
Several fans vowed to boycott the film after Sweeney, 27, was accused of promoting “Nazi propaganda” by using a play on the words “genes” and “jeans” in her American Eagle ad.
Amid the backlash, the clothing company released a statement, saying, “We’ll continue to celebrate how everyone wears their AE jeans with confidence, their way. Great jeans look good on everyone.”
The “Euphoria” actress recently dodged questions about the ad drama.
Additionally, Sweeney faced backlash from fans after public voter records revealed that she has been registered with the Republican Party of Florida in Monroe County since June 2024.
-
Business2 weeks ago
Power and Portability Meet In This Near-Mint 13″ MacBook Pro
-
Insurance3 weeks ago
Mayo Clinic Sued for Allegedly Forcing Security Guard to Get Vaccination
-
Travel3 weeks ago
10 Part-Time Gigs New York Retirees Actually Enjoy Doing
-
Entertainment3 weeks ago
Jeff Bezos and Lauren Sánchez Bezos Hit the Dance Floor in Ibiza
-
Life Style3 weeks ago
110 Labor Day Quotes on Hard Work, Dedication and Making Your Dreams Real
-
Business3 weeks ago
Cisco Hit With Data Breach Caused By a Voice Phishing Attack
-
Technology2 weeks ago
StubHub is once again working on its IPO that could raise $1B
-
News3 weeks ago
China Is a Nation of Savers. Many Are Drowning in Debt.